We Are An Inclusive Team.
Call Us Instead Of Worrying.

We Are An Inclusive Team. Call Us Instead Of Worrying.

Stephen Beroes, Elizabeth A. Beroes, Julie Elizabeth Beroes, and Shanice Williams
Stephen Beroes, Elizabeth A. Beroes, Julie Elizabeth Beroes, Shanice Williams

Protecting The Vulnerable With Guardianships

When possible, it is better to set up guardianships for minors and vulnerable adults ahead of time. However, if your family is in an emergency situation, we have the experience to help you seek or contest a guardianship in Pennsylvania.

The guardianship attorneys at Beroes Law Center can represent you in matters involving emergency guardianships, guardianships for special-needs adults and children, guardianship of minor children and guardianship of incapacitated or elderly adults. With our estate planning and Orphan’s Court experience, we can explain the guardianship process and assist you in obtaining or contesting guardianship.

Please call our office in Pittsburgh at 412-621-6811 to schedule a consultation. We will explain your guardianship options and help ensure that your family members are protected.

Provide Your Family The Protection It Needs

A guardianship grants another party temporary or permanent protection of a ward (vulnerable adult or minor child). This generally includes the power to make financial and legal decisions as well as health care decisions.

We can assist you with the following guardianships:

  • Adults can be incapacitated by illness, dementia such as Alzheimer’s disease or injury. If they do not have financial and health care powers of attorney set up, a guardianship will be necessary to care for them.
  • Parents of special-needs children must obtain legal guardianship of their children so they can continue to care for them when they become 18 or 21, depending on the circumstances. Without a guardianship, parents will be unable to make financial, legal and/or health care decisions for their child.
  • Minor children whose parents die without a will or who temporarily lose parents to jail, illness or substance abuse will need legal guardians to make decisions for them. We can help adult family members or close friends obtain legal guardianship of minor children in these situations.

Speak With A Lawyer To Discuss Your Options

We represent clients throughout Allegheny County and the surrounding area. For a consultation, please call 412-621-6811, or contact us online. Our compassionate attorneys can develop a personalized guardianship plan that works for your family.