We Are An Inclusive Team.
Call Us Instead Of Worrying.

We Are An Inclusive Team. Call Us Instead Of Worrying.

Stephen Beroes, Elizabeth A. Beroes, Julie Elizabeth Beroes, and Shanice Williams
Stephen Beroes, Elizabeth A. Beroes, Julie Elizabeth Beroes, Shanice Williams

Assisting Parents With Post-Separation Relocation

Once a custody order is determined, the courts are reluctant to revise their custody decision without significant cause. However, at some point either you or the other parent may want to relocate either within Pennsylvania or to another part of the country.

Depending upon the distance of the move, you may be required to petition the court and secure its approval. While seemingly cumbersome, this requirement is intended to protect both parents’ custody rights and parent-child relationships.

With over 50 years of combined experience, the attorneys at Beroes Law Center can confidently assist you through your move or defend your custody rights if the other parent is attempting to relocate with your child.

For experienced relocation assistance, call 412-621-6811 to schedule a free consultation.

Understanding The Relocation Process

A move is restricted only if it interferes with the other parent’s custody rights. Therefore, a minor address change within the same county that does not affect the other parent’s time with your child may not require legal action.

If you are proposing a significant move, you need to provide the other parent or any other individual who has custody rights with a notice of relocation. The notice must be sent at least 60 days ahead of your proposed move and provide key information, including your new address, rationale behind the move and date of the move.

Failure to correctly submit a relocation notice can result in significant repercussions. The court may deny your petition to relocate, modify your custody agreement or impose sanctions against you in addition to other negative consequences. Our experienced attorneys can meet with you to evaluate your proposed move and ensure that you adhere to all requirements.

Objecting To A Relocation Notice

If you receive a relocation notice, you have 30 days to formally object to the proposed move. We can assertively present your case to the court and protect your custodial rights. We understand how significantly a move can impact time with your child, and we will do everything we can to prevent this from happening.

Contact Us For Experienced Guidance

Relocations can be confusing. Our experienced team at Beroes Law Center in Allegheny county can carefully evaluate your case and help you pursue a favorable resolution. As skilled negotiators and aggressive litigators, we can confidently defend your rights in even the most complex cases.

Call 412-621-6811 to schedule a free consultation, or email us for assistance. Our dedicated lawyers assist clients throughout Pennsylvania.